Herbert Deutsch is counsel in Anderson Kill's New York office. His practice concentrates in Corporate and Commercial Litigation and Corporate and Securities.
Mr. Deutsch has over 40 years’ experience handling commercial and complex litigation matters, including transnational litigation and foreign discovery. His broad range of experience includes class action litigation, negotiating and structuring transactions, business acquisitions, and reorganizing. Mr. Deutsch has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in these areas.
Among the numerous complex cases, Mr. Deutsch has litigated are RICO cases, securities cases, commodity cases, title to real estate, breach of fiduciary duty cases, breach of joint venture cases, and professional malpractice cases involving attorneys, accountants and investment advisers. He has also arbitrated numerous trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and breach of contract claims.
Mr. Deutsch is a past Chairman of the Sub-Committee on Class Actions of the Securities Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association. He was a member of the Board of Directors for the American Friends Alliance Israelite Universelle and the Westchester Community College Foundation. He has also been an Adjunct Professor of Law at Pace University School of Law and a guest lecturer on trial practice at various law schools.
American Bar Association, Past Chairman of the Sub-Committee on Class Actions of the Securities Litigation Committee; Member, Board of Directors for the American Friends Alliance Israelite Universelle; Member, Board of Directors for the Westchester Community College Foundation.
- Served as the defense in multiple cases concerning investments in different restaurant ventures in NYC. All claims have been resolved against the plaintiffs after multiple trials.
- Represented a real estate developer suing on a lease cancellation by a tenant in a multi-million dollar development.
- Served as the defense in a shareholder’s derivative suit involving claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. All claims were resolved in favor of defendants with award of sanctions and fees.
- Represented private investor to recover for fraud in connection with investments in savings and loan institutions. Recovery of full investment after trial.
- Served as the defense of alleged architect of massive Treasury Bill trading fraud, resulting in grant of civil and criminal immunity from IRS and successful settlement of civil class actions against him.
- Represented British mining company alleging fraud and related claims in development of Montana mining property.
- Represented thousands of individual lot buyers and home purchasers in group fraud actions against financial institutions, law firms, and others associated with largest developer of Florida planned communities, spanning decades.
- Represented a partner in ownership of a Manhattan apartment building, securing full title and an award of hundreds of thousands of dollars in sanctions after trial.