Andrew M. Walsh is a shareholder in Anderson Kill's Stamford and New York offices and a member of the firm's Corporate and Securities, and Technology, Media and Distributed Systems groups. Mr. Walsh advises family offices and other investors, entrepreneurs and emerging companies with respect to financing transactions, private placements, shareholder arrangements, mergers and acquisitions, employment matters and corporate governance. His practice spans a variety of industries, including blockchain / cryptocurrency, construction, private equity, social media and professional services.
Previously, Mr. Walsh was a journalist for The Deal where he focused on IPOs and venture capital. He was a Founder of NextWorth Solutions, Inc. where he advised the company on entity formation, capitalization, employment matters, and commercial contracts. He was also a Babson Fellow while attending F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College where he received his M.B.A. Mr. Walsh was previously an adjunct university English professor in Quito, Ecuador.
Connecticut Bar Association
Fordham Law Alumni Association
Mr. Walsh’s sample engagements include:
- Advise family office with respect to on-shore and off-shore private equity investments including negotiation of investor rights, side letters and stockholders agreements.
- Represent leading cryptocurrency wallet technology innovator in Preferred Stock and Token offering.
- Advise trust-sellers of construction company and numerous subsidiaries in sale to strategic purchaser.
- Represent U.S.-based social networking company in restructuring, capital raising and other corporate matters.
- Advise co-founder of emerging growth enterprise in negotiation of executive compensation including equity incentives.
- Represent limited partner in Abraaj-fund private equity investment and workout following fraud by fund manager.
- Advise U.S. retail bank in negotiation of Master Services Agreement with facilities manager.
- Advise sellers of offshore gaming company in sale to U.S. public company.
- Entity formation of enterprises focused on blockchain, cryptocurrency, non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Convert Nevada LLC to Delaware corporation.
- Advise Delaware entity seeking corporate housekeeping in advance of Series A Financing.
- General counsel to captive insurance company owned by a Fortune 50 corporation.
- Advise individual investor in evaluating investment opportunity in cannabis dispensary and cultivation facility.
- Advise NYC-based family office in connection with its investment in and consulting arrangement with Nevada-based medical cannabis manufacturer and dispensary.
- Advise gold broker in sale to publicly traded Canadian provider of gold-based payments services.
- Advise family office in offshore restructuring of co-ownership, and purchase of, Brazil-based alternative energy producers.
- Advise consumer internet automobile services in sale of preferred stock to investors; conversion of operating businesses from limited liability companies to corporations; drafting shareholder agreements.
- Represented opportunistic venture capital firm in numerous Regulation D private placements (including formation of pooled investment funds).
- Representation of captive insurance holding company in securities offering for the formation of a group captive insurance company.
- Former member of Board of Directors of captive insurance company of major New York-based grocery store business.
- Represented shareholder in the negotiation of indemnification and non-solicitation provisions in connection with sale of shares in eating disorder clinics.
- Represented Finnish content distribution services company in purchase of U.S.-based competitor.
- Assisted in the representation of asset manager under inquiry by SEC for insider trading.
- Advise accounting practice in acquisition by nationally recognized accounting firm.
- Represented co-founder of biotech startup (employment agreement and stock purchase).
- Represented investment fund shareholder in 14A proxy contest.