Crypto Connect kicks off in twelve major cities across the U.S. — Austin, Chicago, Dallas, DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle — with plans to expand to other cities worldwide by 2022.
Led by a Board of 26 established women in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry, the nonprofit will host meet-ups, webinars, and educational events. It will also serve as a standing resource for members seeking meetings, referrals, mentorship, and community. While the organization is led by women, anyone can participate in its events and benefit from its network.
“I’m thrilled to launch Crypto Connect, alongside many inspiring leaders in the space, as a resource to the community,” said Crypto Connect’s President and Partner at Anderson Kill Hailey Lennon. “Together, we are bridging the gap in the digital assets industry by providing more visibility for women and more importantly, being a resource for anyone seeking career opportunities in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. With many people working from home and traveling differently in light of COVID-19, having a go-to resource to foster networking in the industry is increasingly important for innovation.”
Stephen D. Palley, chair of Anderson Kill’s TMD Group, noted, “First in her work at Coinbase and bitFlyer and now at Anderson Kill, Hailey has been a leader in helping pathbreaking crypto companies build their businesses in compliance with regulatory requirements across the globe. In addition, through her active engagement on social media platforms, Hailey has helped to demystify the crypto and blockchain spaces and engage with members of the community worldwide. We are confident that under Hailey’s leadership, Crypto Connect will prove to be a transformative and inclusive resource.”
Rhonda D. Orin, managing partner of Anderson Kill’s Washington, D.C. office, added, “"At Anderson Kill, we know Hailey's leadership skills. She's the right person to head a women-led organization open to all."
The group’s networking events will begin October 2021, and a national conference is slated for Q3 of 2022. Membership is free and open to all via sign up on the Crypto Connect website.
Chapter Leads, who also sit on the Board, include:
- Austin - Kaily Buemi, Executive Assistant @ Unchained Capital
- Chicago - Lexy Prodromos, Product Manager, Blockchain and Digital Currency @ Discover
- Dallas - Natalie Smolenski, Chair of the Board @ Texas Blockchain Council
- DC - Michelle Bond, CEO @ ADAM
- Denver - Saira Rahman, VP Finance @ HMBradley / Co-host, GJWHF
- Los Angeles - Wendy O, Founder & Host @ The O Show
- Miami - Jalak Jobanputra, Founder & Managing Partner @ Future Perfect Ventures
- Nashville - Evie Phillips, Co-Founder & CMO @ NFTglee
- New York - Aubrey Strobel, Head of Comms @ Lolli
- San Diego - Valeria Bystrowicz, Attorney @ Perkins Coie
- San Francisco - Lauren Day, Compliance @ Binance.US
- Seattle - Arry Yu, Managing Director @ Yellow Umbrella Ventures & Chair @ WTIA Cascadia Blockchain Council
Other U.S. Board Members include:
- Charlene Fadirepo, Founder & CEO @ Guidefi
- Cleve Mesidor, Advisor @ The Blockchain Association
- Gina DeFelice, Director of Sales @ The Block
- Karyl Fowler, CEO and Co-Founder at Transmute
- Kelley Weaver, CEO @ Melrose PR
- Lea Thompson, Founder & Producer @ Girl Gone Crypto
- Leigh Cuen, Journalist & Co-founder @ Association for Cryptocurrency Journalists and Researchers
- Michelle O’Connor, VP Marketing @ Taxbit
- Naomi Brockwell, Creator @ NBTV.media
- Tonya M. Evans, Professor @ Penn State Dickinson Law School,
Crypto Connect also has International Board Members that will help support global expansion of the organization:
- Layah Heilpern, Author & Host @ The Layah Heilpern Show
- Teana Baker-Taylor, Chief Policy Officer @ Chamber of Digital Commerce
Hailey Lennon and Aubrey Strobel are available for interviews upon request.
About Crypto Connect:
Crypto Connect is a nonprofit, decentralized organization dedicated to sponsoring educational and networking opportunities for the cryptocurrency industry. Crypto Connect will host meet-ups, webinars and educational events for individuals seeking community, new talent, a diversity of ideas and information sharing resources.
To learn more, please visit cryptoconnect.org
Mission Statement: To support cryptocurrency professionals and serve as an inclusive network and resource in the digital assets industry through networking, mentorship, collaboration, and other business development opportunities globally.
Vision: Creating a globally decentralized network of leaders in the digital assets space who facilitate professional connections and networking opportunities to increase mainstream adoption of digital assets.
- Connection - Chapter meetups and conferences
- Education - Credible source of information about the industry
- Mentorship - Resource for professionals looking to get into the industry or for advancement opportunities
- Global approach - Chapters around the world where people can connect locally in their communities under a larger global organization.
About Anderson Kill
Anderson Kill P.C. is a full-service New York-based law firm with offices in Washington, D.C., Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Stamford, CT, Denver, CO, and Los Angeles, CA. Clients include Fortune 1000 companies, small and medium-sized businesses, governmental entities, and nonprofits as well as personal estates.