DATE: Thursday, January 24, 2019
TIME: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
ORGANIZER: HB Litigation Conferences
From the European Union to California, regulators have become increasingly active concerning how companies are handling and securing personal data. Today’s regulations go far beyond “standard” data breach issues and apply to how companies manage data from its collection or creation through its ultimate disposition. Violation of regulatory requirements can result in the imposition of staggering fines and restrictions on future data processing. Because obtaining and remaining in compliance with these new regulatory mandates is creating challenges for even the most forward-thinking companies, enterprises should strongly consider transferring risk through insurance. In this session, we’ll outline the various exposures companies face under these emerging regulations and discuss how the right insurance can help mitigate the resultant exposures.
What you will learn:
- Emerging exposures that have been created by new data protection and privacy regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and NY DFS.
- How cyber insurance can apply to regulatory exposures.
- What coverage exists for regulatory exposures in the absence of a data breach or disclosure.
- How cyber insurance policies respond to regulatory fines and penalties.
- Considerations with regard to coverage under “traditional” insurance policies for regulatory exposures.
- And answers to your questions.