DATE: Tuesday, April 21, 2020
TIME: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
VENUE: Live Webinar
ORGANIZER: Association Trends
This webinar will address issues faced by policyholders in responding to their losses from the coronavirus shutdown. It will address all types of insurance including Event Cancellation, Property, Liability, Business Interruption and Extra Expense.
This unprecedented situation raises serious insurance questions that have no easy answers.
- Can there be coverage for mandatory shutdowns when a policy requires “physical loss or damage”?
- Are you out of luck if your policies contain a “fungus/bacteria/virus exclusion” or “pollution exclusion?
- Does the coverage extension for “Orders of Civil or Military Authority” apply?
- Does the coverage extension for barriers to Ingress/Egress apply?
- What is needed to trigger Event Cancellation, Postponement or Reduction Insurance?
- Will you have coverage if you are sued by your employees or on-site visitors for exposing them to COVID-19?
These questions, and more, will be addressed by a panel of experienced trial lawyers who specialize in representing policyholders when insurance companies fail to pay their claims. In a Q&A that follows the presentation, you will be invited to ask your own.